Handling Water Damage and Drying for Wilmington Residents
Experienced Water Damage Restoration is Best – Call SERVPRO in Wilmington
You might be amazed at how many water incidents occur each day. Many of these spills, broken pipes, and appliance malfunction can lead to immense damage if not addressed correctly. All too often, homeowners may reach for a mop and bucket, not realizing they are missing areas where water migrated. Because hidden moisture can bring possible mold, mildew, and secondary damage, calling in the help of professional restoration is a smart move. SERVPRO is Here to Help Wilmington home and business owners whenever they have water restoration needs!
Here at SERVPRO, we receive countless calls to help area customers with water damage in Wilmington. We feature all the latest equipment and have perfected our water removal services to complete the job faster and more effectively than any DIY. Our IICRC-certified water restoration technicians (WRT) will arrive within hours of your call to begin assessment and water mitigation. Everything gets done to help lessen your stress level and salvage as much as possible.
We Understand the Different Types of Water Damage
Not only are we experienced and hands-on with a variety of water-related projects each day, but our technicians also go through regular training. Staying up-to-date on the latest techniques helps us adapt to each client’s needs. With professional restoration, you are getting a team that knows the correct contents recovery and water mitigation solutions based on the level of saturation, the type of water, and other factors.
Some of the moisture damage situations we see often include:
- Category 1, 2, and 3 water events – Category 1 is clean water from incoming piping. Category 2 is grey water that may come from a water heater, dishwater, or another appliance. Category 3 is black water that is highly contaminated, coming from flooding situations.
- Hidden moisture – We sometimes get called to properties with a hidden plumbing leak or a spill that went unattended. The moisture migrates into structural cavities and causes secondary damage or mold develops.
- Surface/standing water – We utilize powerful pumps and extractors to pull up as much water as quickly as possible. If dealing with category 3 flooding, our team applies antimicrobials before extraction begins.
What Equipment Does SERVPRO Have That I Do Not?
Not only does our Green Fleet come stocked with all the equipment necessary for any given project, but we also have warehouses with immense inventory our technicians have access to. Some of the top options we choose for water cleanup projects include:
- Extractors – These tools are suitable for removing water from flooring, carpeting, and upholstery. They include three main components – the vacuum system, pump, and heat. These units are either portable or truck-mounted.
- Pumps – We have pumps with varying volume capacity and lift capabilities, and our team knows which are best suited for each situation.
- Dehumidifiers – This equipment helps pull the water vapor from the air while working to lower relative humidity (RH) in any given space.
- Drying Equipment – We have various air moving units that help us to reduce drying time and increase evaporation. Other drying equipment may include wall cavity ventilation setups, industrial-grade fans, drying mats, etc.
SERVPRO Works to Restore Versus Replace Whenever Possible
When water damage wreaks havoc on your property, you must remember that not all is lost. We can salvage many materials and contents with our techniques and specialized cleaning. However, we perform controlled demolition that helps you put your home back together.
- Repairing subfloor, replacing flooring and baseboards
- Relaying carpet after putting in new carpet padding
- Flood cuts (if applicable) to repair drywall or perform complete drywall replacement
Residential contractor license #: 1992104829
Our SERVPRO team is there to address any questions or concerns you have at each restoration step. We are the team you want in your corner for water damage repair! Call us at SERVPRO of Brandywine/Wilmington at (302) 762-8080. We will make your home “Like it never even happened.”