Wilmington Homes Need Professional Fire Restoration After a Fire Incidence
SERVPRO Provides Fast and Reliable Fire Restoration Services to Wilmington Property Owners
You can save both time and money during the fire restoration of your Wilmington home by hiring professional restorers of SERVPRO. Our restorers are fast to respond and have the necessary skills, equipment, and expertise to restore your home to a preloss condition as fast as possible.
Cleaning smoke and soot residue from walls and ceilings during fire restoration of your Wilmington home is a multi-step process. SERVPRO techs need to employ different strategies to tackle the residue depending on the texture and type of surfaces on walls and ceilings. Technicians identify the type of surface and pretest for cleanability. The factors that determine the best cleaning method from a fire-damaged home include the following-
- Type of the residue- dry or wet
- Type of surface- painted, finished, wood paneling, or acoustic tile
Cleaning Methods Employed by SERVPRO for Walls and Ceilings During a House Fire Cleanup in Wilmington
SERVPRO IICRC certified technicians use the following three methods to clean walls and ceilings of your fire-damaged home in Wilmington-
- Dry cleaning- Used if the smoke damage residue is non-greasy and light to medium. Dry cleaning is usually done with the help of a dry-cleaning sponge and requires less time to complete
- Wet cleaning- Used in painted, metal, or wood ceilings or walls with heavy dry soot or light to the heavy grease-based residue. It might take a longer time to mitigate this type of damage.
- Peroxide active cleaning- Used mainly for porous ceilings and surfaces such as acoustic ceilings. The method is suitable for textured surfaces that might not be suitable for wet cleaning. The peroxide reacts with the residue and can loosen the bonds between surfaces, making it easier to remove.
Call SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington at (302) 762-8080; we are available 24/7 to assist you.