What Happens to Flood-Damaged Contents in My Wilmington Home?
Act quickly when your home floods. Our technicians will dry out your property and remediate the damage.
Your belongings are a valuable asset that should get protected as soon as professionals arrive to restore your flood-damaged property.
There are many priorities of responding technicians when flooding occurs in a Wilmington home. From the potential for contamination to structural damages, our SERVPRO team must carefully address each of the pressing loss effects to make flooding “Like it never even happened.” We have skilled technicians accredited through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) in many areas, including structural drying, water restoration, biohazard cleaning, and more.
Among the chief concerns of our professionals addressing the flood damage in your Wilmington residence is the effect that the disaster has on its contents. Your personal belongings and possessions are some of the keys to making your house a home, and when these items are damaged, it can be a stressful experience for the occupants of the house. We have many useful methods for cleaning and restoring these affected contents, and this process typically begins with a thorough assessment of the damage during our job scoping phase.
How Do Personal Belongings Get Assessed After a Loss?
Initially, our professionals, like the project manager and crew chief, can work together to identify damages to the structure and its contents. Careful inspections here can ensure that affected materials and items get the attention that they need. Surface inspections and evaluations can often be the first action taken to determine if cleaning and recovery steps are necessary. In addition to the surface inspection, we can identify more substantial damages by looking more closely at the possessions, furniture, and textiles with moisture detection tools and thermal imagery.
What On-Site Recovery Solutions Exist?
Our responding content management technicians always focus on restoring and cleaning items in Wilmington on-site rather than pursuing alternative recovery approaches like the pack-out procedure. In many ways, if the migrating effects do not damage the present belongings in the affected areas of the home, there are specific practices that can clear surface residues and prevent the relocation of your possessions.
- Surface Cleaning – Cleaning residues, dirt, and mud from your possessions in the house might be an efficient way to inspect these items for further damages like saturation or odors.
- Deodorization – Flooding threats often come with foul odors, especially when some of these contents were exposed to standing water for extended periods. We have several tools that can help remove odors, including thermal fogging, hydroxyl generators, or ozone machines.
- Drying – Flood effects can leave your possessions saturated or damp from the high moisture content in the damaged areas of the house. With air movers, dehumidifiers, and other drying tools, we can help remove the trapped water in your belongings.
What is the Pack-Out Process?
In some situations, the damage to the contents of your home is too significant to restore these items where they get found. Instead, our team works to carefully remove these belongings and catalog their placement in the house. Once loaded onto our SERVPRO Green Fleet vehicles, your possessions make their way to our nearby facility for focused cleaning, drying, and other restorative approaches. Some of the phases of restoration in our warehouse include:
- Surface Cleaning
- Safe Storage
What is the Move-Back Process?
When the work ends in the house and flood damage has gotten successfully recovered, we can remove your items from their climate-controlled storage in our care and prepare them for their return into your restored property. Even this move-back process involves specific steps to ensure that we do not miss a more significant issue with the recovered belongings in our possession.
- Completion of Restoration – The first of the phases of the move back involves completing the restoration work in the house following a flood. From drying and cleaning, there are many steps necessary to restore the home, and your items cannot get returned to the residence without addressing these damaging conditions.
- Staging – In the days leading into the return of your belongings, our SERVPRO professionals stage these restored contents in groupings based on where they are getting returned. This process also allows us to get a final look at all of the items to inspect them for missed moisture or flood damages.
- Placement – Once our content technicians determine that the items are back to their preloss conditions, move-back can begin. We return removed belongings to their original positions in the house.
Protecting your belongings is critical to the restoration and recovery work that we can do for your home after a flood. No matter how we can help, give our SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington team a call at (302) 762-8080.
What is the Smartest Way to Deal with Flooding in Wilmington?
Flooding and subsequent flood damage can totally catch you by surprise. Contact team SERVPRO if your home is facing this situation.
SERVPRO Have a Local Roster of Qualified Restorers for Flood Damage in Wilmington
Should I stay away from floodwaters?
Floodwaters are full of pathogens, bacteria, and viruses that can be harmful when coming into contact with humans. When water intrudes in your Wilmington residence, it can be tempting to remove possessions or items from the flooded area. However, you should contact professional restorers before wading into standing water. Most household items have some resilience to water in the first few hours and are often restorable. Our services guarantee to arrive at your property within four hours of notification of loss, which is enough to mitigate potentially expensive losses.
How do you measure water loss?
Water loss has categories from one to four, with four being the most substantial. We measure these classes based on how far the water has absorbed into structure or materials—usually, flood damage in your Wilmington home measures as a category three or four emergency. With consistent exposure, water can enter floorboards, sheetrock, or cavities. The excess moisture content can lead to permanent losses. A SERVPRO technician can use a moisture sensor to probe materials like baseboard and drywall to assess how much water absorption is taking place at the property. These measurements are influential in the scope of the restoration project.
How can I remove wet building materials from a flooded property?
- Measure the standing water line on the wall
- Draw a line directly onto the wall surface at least two-foot above your standing water line
- Test for any loose wiring, fittings or pipes behind the wall
- Remove the baseboard and cut along the line using a circular saw then leverage out the section
Encountering a flood emergency at your property can be emotionally draining. By using a professional restorer, you give your home a shot at returning to its preloss condition. Contact SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington at (302) 762-8080.
Click here for more information about Wilmington.
How Do I Restore Different Flooring Materials After a Water Loss in Wilmington?
We have the tools to make losses “Like it never even happened.”
Your Wilmington Home Has Multiple Flooring Types, and Our SERVPRO Team Can Help You Clean Them After Water Loss Disasters
Most Wilmington homes do not have the same flooring throughout the entire structure, meaning that situations like water losses can impact all of these materials differently. The more than you know about how your home was constructed and what materials were used, the better you can appreciate the different tools, equipment, and techniques required to restore them after a loss.
From carpets to wood flooring, water cleanup in Wilmington homes is not a one-size-fits-all solution. Careful consideration must occur to ensure that the most efficient and effective practices are being utilized to save a customer time and money on the restoration work. Before any restoration work can officially begin on the individual materials affected by a water damage scenario, it can be beneficial to understand the process before our SERVPRO team arrives.
What Must Happen to Remove Water Damage from My Home?
While there are multiple phases and techniques that can be instrumental in both extraction and drying your home after a loss incident, each situation is different. In some situations, extraction is a wasted effort to the appropriately placed air movers and dehumidifiers throughout the house. Knowing what the house needs falls to the competent job scoping by our project manager and the information updated regularly in the DryBook software exclusive to our restoration brand. The steps of water restoration often involve these tasks:
• Extraction – This step involves removing surface water from flooring using submersible pumps and wet vacuums typically.
• Drying – This phase involves the broadest array of equipment, from air movers and dehumidifiers to drying mats and positive pressure systems.
• Controlled Demolition – Not every job requires controlled demolition, but it can provide access to damaged plumbing or help prevent further wicking of moisture into other drywall panels.
• Content Management – Protecting what matters most in your house involves relocating your belongings or cleaning them on-site. Ensuring your possessions’ safety and restoration can often be more valuable to homeowners than protecting their structure.
Can Wood Flooring Get Protected?
Wood flooring is a standard implement and material throughout area homes and businesses. It is not impossible to reduce the threat to this flooring with concentrated efforts beginning with extraction and drawing out moisture from the planks. To accomplish this, several advanced tools can help. Here are some areas of focus for our technicians working to reduce the loss of building materials:
• Surface Moisture – Standing water is one of the greatest threats to wood plank flooring because the cellulose in the planks continue to pull moisture from the surface into the material until they become oversaturated. Removing surface water with a combination of submersible pumps and wet vacuums can help to move to the drying stage promptly.
• Floor Mat Drying – While there are several drying tools like air movers and dehumidifiers that can help remove moisture and evaporate water damage, wood plank floors often respond best to direct evaporation strategies like floor mat drying systems.
• Cleaning the Surface – Once the water has gotten removed from the plank flooring and the flooring seems stable, it is crucial to take the time to clean and even resurface the material when necessary. Citrus and thymol oils are both excellent cleaning products to renew the shine to the floors.
Do Wet Carpets Require Removal?
Numerous factors play into whether wet carpets require removal, and often this involves the amount of time that these materials remain exposed and saturated by the water loss effects. Migrating beyond the fibers of the upper layer is common, so several tools and devices are necessary to remove trapped water and get the area dry enough to save the carpeting. These include:
• Carpet Wands – These attachments get used with powerful extractors and can focus suction on carpeted floors using similar implements to hot water extraction cleaning.
• Weighted Extractors – Using the weight of the technician involved through stationery and ride on tools, weighted extractors force the fibers, padding, and subflooring together to bring water to the surface for collection and disposal.
• Air Movers – Centrifugal air movers, especially low-profile units, are instrumental in floating carpets to dry the upper layer and the padding simultaneously.
Who Cleans Carpets After a Water Loss?
With a team of qualified cleaning technicians, we can restore the look and vibrancy of tired carpets after a loss. Not only can this remove set-in sediment and soiling, but it also can eliminate residual soiling from trapped water.
Restoring flooring after water losses can feel overwhelming, but our SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington team can help. We have the tools to make losses “Like it never even happened.” Give us a call today at (302) 762-8080.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Wilmington, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington today at (302) 762-8080 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Why is Professional Fire Restoration in Wilmington Better than Regular Cleaning Methods?
Smoke and soot travel throughout your home and are difficult to clean. Call SERVPRO for fast, effective remediation.
SERVPRO Technicians Handle the Fire Damage in Your Wilmington Home with Expert Precision
Fire ripping through your home leaves a substantial amount of devastation in its wake. Even your best efforts only go so far using over the counter cleaning products and home cleaning tools. The professionals come to each fire restoration job with industrial strength equipment and insider knowledge and techniques to get the work done more efficiently.
How Does SERVPRO Handle the Cleanup After a Fire?
Facing the fire damage throughout your Wilmington home can feel overwhelming. However, our skilled technicians arrive quickly and begin an assessment immediately to take the burden off of your shoulders. Our goal is to implement a plan to facilitate restoration in the most effective manner possible so that your interior is back to preloss condition sooner. Areas we address during cleanup include:
- Ashes that settle throughout the home from burned items.
- If the fire is in your kitchen, we handle strong odors from burned food items.
- Stubborn, thick smoke residue that collected on your personal belongings and the walls throughout your home.
- Damage to your electronics and cables.
- Pungent, noxious smells that linger due to burnt synthetic items.
Should unpleasant odors fill the air in your home after cleanup is complete, we have several deodorization methods we use to get rid of them. Depending on the type of odor, we may use fogging or direct spraying to address it. Our trucks come fully equipped with everything we need to eliminate odorous particles and clean the air, including:
- Thermal Foggers
- Ultra-Low Volume (ULV) Misters
- Hydroxyl Generators
We Are Faster to Any Size Disaster at SERVPRO of Brandywine/Wilmington. Give us a call at (302) 762-8080, and we can send a crew out in as little as four hours to assess your fire damage needs.
More about Wilmington.
What Do I Do if My Wilmington Daycare Facility Suffers Water Damage?
Whether you had plumbing failure or the washing machine at your daycare center leaked, expert water restoration ensures you are back up and running.
Calling SERVPRO for Water Damage Gets Your Prompt Restoration of Your Wilmington Daycare Center
In any commercial location, water damage spreads moisture at a rapid rate. Whether you had plumbing failure or the washing machine at your daycare center leaked, expert water restoration ensures you are back up and running without a hitch. SERVPRO arrives, and our IICRC-certified team gets to work quickly with the latest equipment and restoration techniques.
Are There Any Safety Hazards I Should Worry About?
In the time before we arrive to assess your water damage in Wilmington, you can have your maintenance team mitigate potential safety issues. This includes keeping foot traffic from the water loss zone, mopping up visible water, and shutting off electricity to the area.
Upon Arrival at Your Business
The crew chief works with the technicians to put together the best course of action to bring your facility back to preloss condition. Some of the steps that we often use with commercial water restoration includes:
• We safely remove the standing water that may remain in the building
• We assess the building materials
• We test the contents of your commercial space
• We formulate a plan to determine drying goals
Equipment is crucial with any water damage situation. Our dehumidifiers are elemental for helping to lower the relative humidity in the space, while air movers and industrial fans ensure proper airflow. To ensure we meet all of our drying goals, we send out a technician for daily testing until we can be sure that all of the moisture levels are back to normal in your building.
You can count on us at SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington whenever you need prompt water damage restoration. When you call us at (302) 762-8080, you can expect a team at your door in as little as four hours to get started with the assessment and planning.
For more about Wilmington click here.
Should I Treat Commercial Water Cleanup In My Wilmington Bookshop As An Emergency?
SERVPRO professionals are trained to handle all types of water damage. Let our teams help you get your Bookshop back in order.
SERVPRO Crews understand the different ways moisture can cause damages helping you mount an appropriate response
Various incidents can leave pools of water and swatches of wet materials in your Wilmington bookshop. If it is the first time such a case affects your business, you might consider the worst phase of the incident over after stopping the water source, thus responding lightly. However, treating such an incident as an emergency is crucial because most require elaborate cleaning processes afterward. When done correctly, cleanup helps deal with soiling, prevents secondary damages, and restores the business premises to its preloss state in good time. Many businesses close for extended periods leading to loss of customers.
What unexpected issues are likely to crop up?
It is easy to underestimate the process of water cleanup in your Wilmington bookshop, especially when the incident leaves minimal areas visibly soiled. However, the threat of unexpected problems developing is highly likely in many cases, so failure to respond appropriately can leave you grappling with:
- Invasion of insects such as silverfish
- Stubborn odor
- Mold or other microbial growth
- Physical deterioration of books
High humidity levels in a property attract different types of bugs or create a perfect breeding environment for them. Preventing such infestation is one reason you should take cleanup as an emergency since bugs such as silverfish feed on glue and paper in books while others feed on organic materials such as wood, destroying shelves and other furniture.
Books can also absorb moisture from the air when there is a delay in taking corrective steps because of the hygroscopic properties of some papers. Deterioration of bookbindings and warping are just a few of the problems that might affect your stock, thus inflating the cost from the loss unnecessarily.
The development of mold and other forms of deterioration can also lead to the bad smell felt within the shop. Although the smell itself may not have a significant effect, it may lead to discomfort for your staff, as well as the customers.
How does a restoration company like SERVPRO help?
The main reason you need a professional restorer to help with water cleanup is the resources such a professional team avails. The resources can prove handy in quickening the restoration processes, thus eliminating any secondary problems. We also tackle difficult cleaning tasks that may arise, including washing and drying carpets and upholstery in reading rooms. Some of the resources you can expect our crews to have include:
- Sophisticated moisture detection tools
- Specialized upholstery cleaning equipment
- Professional grade cleaning agents
- Drying equipment
Before embarking on cleaning to soiling and deal with other problems, there is a need to remove any remnants of spilled water. Our SERVPRO teams wet vacuum floor sections with significant wetness. We also focus on contents such as area rugs or upholstery in the back office or reading room if there is one since the porous materials they are made of can be perfect moisture reservoirs.
We also take other crucial moisture management steps, such as setting up dehumidifiers around the premises to regulate humidity levels. In many cases, the relative humidity level inside a house spikes above 50% when there is a water spill leading to problems such as moldy smell in books or even rusting of internal components in electronics.
What essential cleaning actions does the restoration crew carry out?
Although a water loss situation is inconvenient, it also presents an opportunity to perform a thorough cleanup around your store. You may not realize it, but dust and other light materials tend to accumulate on shelves, book surfaces, and hidden areas within your shop. Our SERVPRO technicians help remove the dust and other soils by wiping surfaces and contents with a magnetic cloth or feather dusters.
We take steps to restore contents and materials directly exposed to water during the incident. Moisture readily damages documents, paintings, books, and other paper materials, but with our expertise and experience dealing with water damage cases, we can help save some. We store the affected materials in a freezer facility immediately after discovering the loss to halt further deterioration. We then evaluate the items to determine whether we can save them through different drying methods, including:
Deodorization is also crucial to deal with any unpleasant smells that develop. We mix deodorizing agents with other cleaning agents so that we can deal with odors while cleaning. We can also apply deodorizers after completing the cleaning process. A process such as misting with ULV foggers is highly effective in the application of such agents.
SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington can help you respond appropriately when your bookshop needs clean up after a water spill. Call us at (302) 762-8080. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
What is the Best Way to Dry Wilmington Hardwood Floors?
Do you know how to dry hardwood floors SERVPRO does! Call us today!
Water Removal Wilmington – Drying Hardwood Floors
Placing hardwood floors throughout the home has become very popular in recent times. So much so that you find hardwood in the kitchen and occasionally in bathrooms as well. This flooring material type looks excellent; however, this flooring type presents unique challenges, especially when exposed to water spills or leaks from dishwashers, sinks, or plumbing leaks. Hardwood floors can swell and crack if we do not remove it quickly.
SERVPRO provides water removal services in Wilmington and surrounding areas. Our franchise is a family business serving the community for the past 30 years. We have expanded, adding employees, taking IICRC certified training in all aspects of restoration for residential and commercial properties. We respond within 4 hours and are available on a 24 / 7 basis with fully equipped trucks to meet every emergency.
Managing Wet Hardwood Floors
Hardwood flooring can be saved and dried, providing we can remove the water quickly before it has a chance to be absorbed by either the subfloor or the hardwood. We urge clients to stop the water leak by turning off the water faucet or the main water valve to the home. We also urge clients to mop up as much of the water as possible to reduce the impact. There are spaces between the boards, and this is where the potential problem is.
The subfloor and hardwood planks absorb any remaining water on the floor and between the boards. Absorption of the water causes swelling of the wood, which can disfigure the floor and potentially cause cracks, cupping, and crowning of the boards affected. We avoid these issues by removing moisture quickly before it has a chance to be absorbed.
SERVPRO uses drying mats that are placed on the floor and attached to high powered suction hoses. We pull the water from the floor before it has a chance to be absorbed by the wood. Air movers and dehumidifiers can reduce humidity levels further to avoid damage to the floor.
We also have contractor licenses: General: 1992104829, Residential: 1992104829, Commercial: 1992104829. SERVPRO can provide water mitigation, restoration, repair, and reconstruction services as needed.
Call SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington at (302) 762-8080 for 24/7 service. We proudly serve Talleyville, Greenville, and surrounding areas. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
More about Wilmington.
Viral Decontamination for Wilmington Medical /Dental Offices
The last thing employees want to do at the end of the day is to disinfect door handles. SERVPRO does the job after they go home.
SERVPRO Can Help Clean and Decontaminate Waiting Rooms
Although elective medical appointments and procedures might be on hold right now in many Wilmington clinics, some treatments cannot be delayed. Healthcare providers remain vigilant, checking for information from the Delaware Division of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), but must make testing and medications available on even a daily basis to some patients.
Possible Clinic Contamination Requires Cleaning and Application of Disinfectants
Your local SERVPRO has extensive experience with biohazard cleanup in Wilmington, including containing and lawfully disposing of human pathogens like viruses and bacteria. Our firm commitment to the community combined with the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) training on on-the-job experience with flooding and sewer backup means you can have confidence in our preparedness for coronavirus pandemic cleaning.
You Enforce the Social Distancing--SERVPRO Completes the Decontamination
Our crews have flexible schedules so that we can set up one or a series of deep cleans, with the disinfectant application to decontaminate surfaces in your clinic. We focus on “high-touch” areas, but also have equipment that can facilitate fogging or spraying of disinfectants that are on the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) list of granted emerging viral pathogen claims. Frequently touched areas are cleaned with soap or detergent and water and then receive a disinfectant treatment:
- Doors, door handles, and locks
- Push bars
- Counters and tables
- Patient rooms and furnishings
- Credit card machines
Rely on SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington to help with your clinic’s decontamination needs. Call 24 hours a day at (302) 762-8080.
Advice from the medical and scientific community regarding how to deal with the coronavirus is based on present knowledge, which is subject to change as the situation continues to develop. There can be no assurance that disinfectants alone will be adequate to fully eliminate the virus. We are not physicians or infectious disease professionals. Consult your medical professionals for individual medical advice.
What Is the Best Way to Prevent Damage in My Home after a Leak from My Dishwasher?
SERVPRO Has Advanced Equipment for Water Clean Up and Drying in All of Wilimington
Call SERVPRO For All of Your Water Removal Needs!
Many situations could leave you with a puddle of water in your home. A leaky dishwasher could soak your kitchen floor, and an overflowing bathtub could have water leaking out from your bathroom. You may think, "What's the big deal? I can clean up some water by myself." However, what many people don't consider is the growth of what they cannot see: mold spores.
Why Not Remove the Water Yourself? Read Below!
If your home in Wilmington ever found itself in urgent need of water removal services, it can be comforting to trust experts with the situation. Here at SERVPRO, our technicians are expertly trained and have access to advanced equipment that allows them to do the job as quickly as possible. The problem with stagnant water is that it takes less than 72 hours for mold spores to activate and begin to grow into a colony. Using some towels and a mop to clean up the water that you can see may seem like a decent solution to the problem. However, it's the water that you cannot see that could cause an issue.
Water seeks the path of least resistance. For example, if the bathtub on the uppermost floor of your home overfills and spills out onto the floor, the water can spread out. Once it hits the walls, it can follow the framing of your home to other floors and spread the moisture throughout your home. Hiring professional help can help negate these issues.
Here at SERVPRO, our water damage restoration technicians (WRT) use advanced equipment to handle every job we take.
• Our techs can use wet/dry vacuums and extractors to pick up the stagnant water.
• Other devices such as moisture meters and thermal imaging cameras locate hidden pockets of water
• Drying devices like air movers and dehumidifiers follow
With the help of our advanced technological equipment, our SERVPRO techs can locate the excess moisture in your home and quickly remediate it. Doing so allows you to return to your everyday life.
If you find yourself in need of water removal services, never hesitate to get help. Contact SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington by calling (302) 762-8080. Our technicians are always ready to help you.
Here is Wilmington.