Can Ceiling Leaks Lead to Roof Collapse in Wilmington Homes?
Our storm damage technicians have the equipment and experience to restore your property to pre-damage condition.
SERVPRO is Available for Wilmington Residents Experiencing Flood Damage
The city of Wilmington is the largest in Delaware state and one of the oldest settlements in the US, with its beginnings tracing back to the seventeenth century. The majority of Delaware's unique history can be found in Wilmington with its pre-colonial historic sites, American Revolutionary War heritage centers, and early twentieth-century mansions owned by some of America's richest families, such as the Du Ponts. The city is also nicely located nearby to some of the East Coast's favorite beaches, golf courses, wildlife centers, and state parks. 70,166 residents live in Wilmington permanently, while the surrounding metropolitan area numbers 719,887 people.
The first settlements in the region took advantage of the surrounding nature, with the Brandywine and Christina River intersect proving a valuable trading way. Both these rivers deposit into the Delaware river further down, allowing shipping across the United States. The city, and wider Delaware, is associated with the Du Pont family, which is one of the richest in America. Originally from France, the Du Ponts developed Wilmington significantly during the 19th century with the production of gunpowder and became a leading contractor for the US military. Today, the legacy of the Du Pont family remains both in the historic downtown district and at the stunning Nemour Mansions.
Rehoboth Beach is a short drive from Wilmington city center and is one of the most-visited beaches in the state. The beachside boardwalk is lined with entertainment, nightlife, food, and drinks outlets, which complement the town's annual festivals, which typically run through the summer months.
Hagley Museum and Library is an excellent place to explore Wilmington's abundant history. Delaware was the first state in America, and this 200-acre historic site offers guests the opportunity to explore the Brandywine Creek, historic structures, and the role of the Du Pont family in growing the city.
Alapocas Run State Park covers over 400 acres of sprawling natural forestry, wildlife, waterways, and creeks. Inside the park are several hiking trails, mountain climbing options, and camping grounds. There are also a number of historic buildings within the state park.
SERVPRO Offers Flood Damage Assistance to Residents of Wilmington 24/7, All Year Round
Floods can expose your home to hundreds, if not thousands, of gallons of water. The effect of these quantities of water on your home can be catastrophic. We are a licensed emergency services restoration service for local residents.
Our team can help with:
- Leaking roof from storms
- Ceiling repairs from water damages
- Emergency services water damage
Licensed technicians from SERVPRO can help make the correct drying decisions in your home. Usually, we calculate the efficiency versus the cost of conducting restoration or replacement. This equation can be invaluable to organizing emergency services repair, performing mitigation, and ensuring restoration is conducted quickly.
- Wet cabinets in your home may be cheaper to replace than restore after flooding
- High-value items such as hardwood furniture or floors can be dried using desiccant dehumidification equipment.
- Refinishing and resurfacing of high-value items is possible with SERVPRO
After flooding your home, contact SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington for flood damage restoration at (302) 762-8080.
How do Professional Services Reduce Water Damages?
We have the experience, specialized training, and state-of-the-art equipment to restore your home to pre-damage condition.
Establishing Engineering Controls Can Significantly Reduce the Impact of Water Damage. SERVPRO is a Wilmington Based Water Restoration Service.
Water intrusion can create chaos in a home environment. Traveling in and out of the affected area can spread the damages to unaffected areas of the home. This issue is especially prevalent when water intrusion contains biohazardous waste, and occupants risk spreading contaminants from one location to another.
Correct water damage restoration in your Wilmington home involves meticulous attention to detail and organization. Engineering controls are one example of how organizations can improve the efficiency of repair. Creating containment can involve erecting tents and sealing off certain areas. In some situations, a decontamination chamber can be installed to prevent waste from being spread from one room to another.
- Solid wastes are double-sealed in thick polyethylene bags for transportation out of the property.
- Negative air pressure can prevent airborne contaminants like sewer gases from escaping the affected area.
- HVAC systems are typically switched off with both return and supply sides ducted over with a polyethylene sheet.
We can mitigate potential losses in your home. Contact SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington for water damage restoration at (302) 762-8080.
What Happens When Homeowners Are Relocated from a Flooded Property?
Floods can cause extreme damage to property and a person's pocket. Call SERVPRO for the help to take a lot of pressure off your hands.
SERVPRO Can Secure your Wilmington Home and Restore Flood Damages
In a severely flooded property, it may be necessary for the occupants to relocate temporarily. It is always stressful to leave a damaged property. SERVPRO is a responsible restoration provider that can secure your home and restore it to a safe condition for your return.
Natural disasters that lead to flood damage in Wilmington can cause extreme damage to the property. Entrance Ways can be broken open, and the roofing or structure may be compromised. Our technicians are capable of draining the property and then securing it against unlawful entry or further damage. In situations where remodeling is necessary, our technicians can create a safe working environment so that we may utilize our franchise’s General Contractor License #: 1992104829.
- Boarding up broken doors and windows using sturdy wooden panels can deter trespassing while the property is vacated.
- If the roof structure is compromised, our team can place a temporary tarpaulin to seal your home from outdoor elements.
- We are licensed to deal with biohazardous substances and remove them from the worksite quickly to ensure a safe working space for all restoration technicians.
Protect your home after a flooding emergency. Contact SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington for flood damage recovery at (302) 762-8080.
What Services Restore Property after Fire?
Our fire damage experts can have your home back to its original state, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO Operates in Claymont and Can Provide Expert Fire Restoration Technicians
Claymont is a residential community that lies along Naamans Creek banks, a waterway feeding directly into the Delaware River. The area is of enormous archaeological significance, with evidence of people settling in the area dating back to 1200 AD. Naaman Creek is named after the Chief of the Lenape Indians, whom Dutch colonists met in the seventeenth century. Over 600 acres of the land was purchased in 1681 by John Grubb, who took advantage of the creek's geographical location as a passover between Washington and Philadelphia's growing settlements.
Proximity to the Delaware river allowed early colonists to export goods into larger cities. Gristmills, agriculture, and later factories all cropped up in Claymont from the eighteenth century onward. By the nineteenth century, the inclusion of Claymont as a station on the Philadelphia railroad saw the region transform from a primarily agricultural community into a wealthy suburb. Over the past thirty years, a concentrated effort on urban renewal has taken place in Claymont with the construction of a new regional transportation center to replace the train station, at an estimated cost of $71 million. Renewal projects have also sought to revitalize Claymont's historic architecture with the Claymont Stone School, Robinson House, and Darley House renovations.
- Nemours Estate is an enormous estate built in the French Neo-classic style. The 300-acre gardens surround a French Chateau of around 47,000 square feet and 105 rooms. The mansion was formerly owned by the du Pont family and still contains rare eighteenth-century masterpieces, antiques, and tapestries. Tours are available to the public through the open season.
- A short drive downriver from Claymont is the Bellvue State Park, formerly of the wealthy du Pont family. The state park covers 328 maintained acres and was owned by William du Pont junior. Historic sites on the Bellevue State Park include the Mount Pleasant Episcopal Church, which features in the National Register of Historic Places.
- The Darley Food and Wine Festival usually takes place every October near the Historic Darley House's grounds at Philadelphia Pike & Manor Avenue's corner. Guests can enjoy a curated selection of wines and beers from the local community as well as live performances and entertainment.
SERVPRO Can Return your Property to its Pre-loss Condition after a Fire
Porous surfaces in the home can often be most adversely affected by smoke and present a challenge to restoration technicians. Porous surfaces absorb fluids by nature. This absorption can be problematic as it limits the tools or cleaning agents available for removing smoke. As a rule of thumb, unfinished or porous surfaces should be dry cleaned to avoid the absorption issue.
- Unsealed wood should be cleaned using dry sponges or, for heavier soiling, denatured alcohol.
- Alkaline cleaning agents are effective when clearing residues from masonry, while abrasion blasting can be practical for thicker residues.
- Plaster can break apart easily and is often impossible to clean when heavy soil has set. Technicians can replace plaster with little expense material like sheetrock.
Use professional services to minimize losses after a fire. Contact SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington for fire restoration at (302) 762-8080.
Which Parts of Your Shop are Susceptible to Mold Damage?
Mold will spread 24 to 48 hours in no time. SERVPRO technicians are IICRC certified for mold remediation services.
SERVPRO deals with mold damage in Claymont
If you spot signs of mold damage in your business premises, it is vital that you contact SERVPRO immediately. Mold spores can quickly spread, and the longer you go without remediation, the more damage the spores can do.
SERVPRO recommends making regular mold checks a part of your Claymont business maintenance. Signs to look for include:
- Water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- Visible patches of mold – this might be black, green, gray, or brown.
- Unpleasant musty odors.
Pay special attention to the most susceptible areas. Mold thrives in damp, dark places with organic food sources. That means kitchens, restrooms, and storage areas are often particularly at risk.
Do not let mold eat into your business. SERVPRO is on hand to help using dry cleaning, HEPA vacuuming, air scrubbing, media blasting, and other techniques.
We also dry damp areas of your business to discourage regrowth. We can advise you on which items, such as drapes or carpets, we can salvage and which it is better to replace.
For mold damage remediation you can rely on, call SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington at (302) 762-8080.
What Is the Best Equipment for Deodorizing after Fire Restoration?
Fire damage to your home is no DIY project. Leave the fire restoration service you need for your home to the professionals at SERVPRO.
SERVPRO helps Wilmington businesses smell fresh once more
If you have the misfortune to suffer fire damage in your Wilmington business, you might find that one of the most annoying aspects is the leftover smoke odor. Because smoke molecules are tiny and can get into the smallest nooks and crannies, smoky smells often linger for a long time after a fire.
After fire restoration in Wilmington stores, dealing with smoke odors is especially important because unpleasant smells can put customers off. It is vital to get your premises smelling “Like it never even happened,” as quickly as possible.
SERVPRO equips our teams with industry-standard odor-combating equipment. Popular devices include:
- Sprayers can be electrical or hand-pumped. We use them to direct odor-fighting chemicals directly onto fabric or structural components.
- Air movers ventilate your premises by keeping air flowing and exchanging contaminated air for fresh air.
- Air scrubbers pull in contaminated air, trap particles in a series of filters, and then release clean air into the room.
We provide our teams with full protective equipment so they can use these tools safely.
For fire restoration that leaves your business smelling fresh, call SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington at (302) 762-8080.
Do You Need Help with Water Mitigation in Wilmington?
Water damage to your property is no DIY project. Call the professionals at SERVPRO. Let their team of experts handle the job.
SERVPRO helps keep this vibrant city dry
Wilmington is a large, vibrant city. It is the largest city in Delaware, with a population of 70,166. Modern-day Wilmington is on a site named Fort Christina, which Swedish settlers built to be the first Swedish settlement in the United States.
During the seventeenth century, governors ruled the colony under Swedish law, and today you can visit the Fort Christina National Historic Landmark. Delaware created the memorial in 1938 by making a beautiful park that incorporated stone from original historic earthworks. Sweden gifted Wilmington a monument bearing a replica of the Kalmar Nyckel, the ship which brought settlers from Sweden to America. The name is a combination of Kalmar, which is a Swedish city, and Nyckel, which is the Swedish word for "key."
Enjoy festival life in Wilmington.
With such an exciting past, it is no wonder Wilmington today is a multicultural city that honors the many kinds of people who helped build it into the thriving town it is today. If you happen to visit during a festival, be sure to check it out! Some of the most popular festivals include:
- The Italian Festival takes place every June, and is so big that it closes six city blocks for a week! Visitors can enjoy Italian food and drinks, along with family activities and fairground rides.
- The Greek Festival is not quite as big as the Italian Festival, but it is still worth a look. Besides traditional Greek food, drink, and music, you can try your hand at authentic Hellenic crafts.
- Hispanic Week runs in October of every year and ends with a pageant, parade, and carnival along the riverfront.
- Big August Quarterly is an African-American religious festival that celebrates freedom and challenges slavery everywhere. The Big August Quarterly has been part of Wilmington's life since 1814.
The fun does not stop with a wealth of cultural festivals! Wilmington is also home to several other arts and culture festivals. Each summer, Wilmington hosts The People's Festival, which is an annual riverfront tribute to Bob Marley. The city also holds a week-long jazz festival, known as the Clifford Brown Jazz Festival. If blues is more your scene, check out the three-day Riverfront Blues Festival, which showcases both internationally-acclaimed artists and local acts.
Wilmington is also home to the oldest memorial day parade in the country. If you are visiting in winter, be sure to check out the annual tree-lighting Festival and the yearly Nutcracker performance.
SERVPRO helps control microbial growth after water mitigation
When it comes to water mitigation, the first step is to remove as much water as possible before we tackle cleaning and drying your home and belongings. However, it is also essential to consider the risk of microbial growth and how to control it. Microbes can increase if they have enough time and the right conditions. That is why it is essential to take steps to prevent microbial growth:
- Removing as much excess water as possible, so there are fewer places for microbes to grow.
- Swiftly disposing of contaminated materials that are beyond saving.
- Rapid drying to starve microbes of water.
Our teams use fans, air movers, and dehumidifiers to create an effective drying environment. We can also apply anti-microbial agents if needed.
If you need help with water mitigation, call SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington at (302) 762-8080.
Fire Restoration in Claymont Depends on a Multiple Step Plan
You can contact our professionals 24/7. Our fire damage experts are trained in fire & smoke restoration, odor control, upholstery and fabric cleaning.
Expertise in cleanup and buildback is why SERVPRO is a good fit
When fire moves through your Claymont home, the damage varies in type and intensity. Homeowners cannot discern the remediable harm from severe destruction, needing controlled demolition and reconstruction. Hiring a full-service restoration firm saves time, reduces disruptions, and eliminates additional contractors.
What Sets SERVPRO Apart?
SERVPRO's robust construction department hastens the process of Claymont fire restoration. Our Fire and Smoke Restoration Technicians (FSRT) work hard removing residues and surface charring. Holding general construction certification and licensure as a company permits us to enhance our response:
- Follow up on safety and damage assessments
- Securing floors, walls, steps
- Building and installing needed temporary supports
- Careful release of trapped firefighting water from ceilings and walls
- Punching weep holes from room edge to center
- Drilling or sawing release holes near baseboards
- Performing flood cuts
- Tear-outs of irreparably charred and damaged structures
- Repair and reconstruction as needed
- Consult with insurance and the customer to limit out of pocket costs
Training and professionalism are why SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington seamlessly approaches fire restoration. Call (302) 762-8080 for prompt evaluation.
Is Turnaround of Wilmington Water Incursion a Realistic Goal?
SERVPRO has the experienced technicians with the equipment and expertise your home needs after a water catastrophe. Give us a call right away.
SERVPRO offers resources needed for Wilmington water restoration
A plumbing leak or an appliance malfunction presents an obvious water emergency. Then technicians discover hidden damage from long-standing water seepage. Although the fix for the immediate problem might be an easy mop up, professional water damage restorers show their true worth when tracing water migration, locating hidden structural and fixture damage.
What Steps Are Necessary for Comprehensive Water Damage Abatement?
SERVPRO integrates levels of intervention, making complete Wilmington water restoration possible. Our crews graduate from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), prepared to meet or exceed industry best practices. Maintaining a dedicated general contracting division completes the journey from water disaster to “Like it never even happened.”
- Water damage mitigation and remediation plan
- Moisture detection and metering outline the work area and provide drying goal data
- State-of-art equipment supports skilled interventions removing water and drying structures
- Controlled demolition releases trapped water and open confined space for drying
- Rebuilding experts repair, replace, and reconstruct
Water restoration takes many steps, and SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington handles them all. Call (302) 762-8080 to learn how.
What Is the Best Response to Wilmington Flood Damage?
Our storm damage technicians have the equipment and experience to restore your home or commercial property to pre-damage condition.
Reach out to SERVPRO experts when Wilmington flooding threatens
Wilmington's twenty-first-century citizens hope past mistakes will not put them at risk of flooding events. Innovative construction methods, mindful building codes, and infrastructure improvements seem reasonable to expect. Most recently, communities near the ocean hear disturbing information about rising sea levels and lengthened and more intense hurricane seasons battering the Northeast and Atlantic coast. Enhancement and progress should protect the city's residents from anticipated issues and those "hundred-year" catastrophes that seem to repeat much more often than expected.
What Can Wilmington's Riparian Location Mean for Flood Intensity?
Wilmington lies along the Delaware banks, with the Christina River and Brandywine Creek wending their ways through the city prior to joining that famous waterway before it takes that last corner into Delaware Bay. Residents of some low lying neighborhoods in Wilmington have long lived with the worry of seasonal, storm-related flooding. As they try to absorb the new implications of sea levels rising, they also express concern that their homes continue to suffer decades-long flooding crises due to precipitation.
Do Solutions Exist Short of Moving Out of Cherished Homes?
The footprint humankind imposes often interferes with natural ways of mitigating flooding. Partnering modern engineering with nature hopes to set things right in the Southbridge neighborhood. The South Wilmington Wetlands Park developed as a viable effort to return a brownland site to the marshy, filtering system that "flushed" the high tidal and rainstorm water. Avoiding flooding imperiling the neighborhood just south and west of the Christina River's confluence with Brandywine Creek is the goal. The design includes:
- Installation of rainwater diversion piping to drain precipitation into the developing wetland rather than the water treatment center
- Removal of "fill" soil dumped into the brownland over years
- Digging of wetland channels
- Planting of appropriate wetland vegetation
The park works somewhat like a bathtub, accepting, absorbing, and filtering the water that otherwise would have pushed into residents' basements.
Can Antiquated Sanitary Sewers Worsen Flooding?
The 200-year-old sanitary sewer system is also an issue for many flood-prone areas of Wilmington. Flooding seen in some streets without enhanced sewers nearly swallows cars when torrential rains occur. Although replacement is an expensive proposition, diligent cleaning and a slow and steady upgrade of the conduits that drain the stormwater has a positive effect.
What Is the Recourse if Heavy Rains Have Flood Water Lapping at Your Door?
Regardless of hopeful advances, Wilmington's flood damage cannot be ignored when it strikes in your home. Although your inclination might be to wade in and mop up, hiring the professionals at SERVPRO is the wiser course. Our Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)-trained crews manage flooding efficiently, keeping you and your family safe and your structure intact. Expect the following:
- Safety assessment and appropriate controls
- Removal of flooding with pumps and extractors
- Location of hidden floodwaters in cavities
- Planned and controlled demolition to reach and release trapped water
- Containment of floodwaters, categorized as hazardous, and lawful disposal
- Cleaning and disinfection with EPA-registered products before drying
Rely on SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington for flood damage restoration, including repairs and rebuilding using our construction division. Call (302) 762-8080 for a prompt assessment and a return to "Like it never even happened."